Asian Food Safety and Security Association (AFSA)
15 - 17 September, 2016
Venue: KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, India
“3rd AFSA Conference on Food Safety and Food Security”
This conference will discuss the key food safety, and food security issues. It brings together renowned experts, entrepreneurs and government officials from different countries to discuss current and emerging food safety and food security issues, find out common problems among the countries, future direction and collaborative research plans on food safety, food security and related topics.
The plenary sessions, and concurrent symposia, will also address the challenges facing Asia to ensure food safety in the development of new food products and processing technologies, internationalization of food trade, safety of foods derived from biotechnology, microbiological risks, emergence of new and antibiotic-resistant pathogens, particularly from emerging pathogens, directing research to areas of high risk, focus intervention and establishment of target risk levels and target diseases or pathogens.
The two-days scientific and poster presentation sessions will provide multiple opportunities for experts and participants to discuss key food safety, and Food security issues. Experts from governmental organizations, international organizations, entrepreneurs and universities from different countries will be able to share their ideas, address challenges, and discuss strategies and collaborative programs to enhance the continuing global efforts to deliver safe foods for a better health and environment of the people of the developing countries.
The organizing committee invites you to attend the “Asian Food Safety and Security Association (AFSA) Conferences on Food Safety and Food Security”, which will be held at KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, India from 15th to 17th September, 2016.
Prof Karl Mathews
Department of Food Science, School of Environmental and Biological Sciences, Rutgers University, New Jersey, USA. & Chief editor, J Food Safety.
Dr. Larry R. Beuchat
Distinguished Research Professor, Center for Food Safety, University of Georgia, USA
Dr. Didier Montet
Food Safety Expert, CIRAD, France.
Dr. Shinichi Kawamoto
Director general, National Food Research Institute (NFRI), National Agriculture and Research Organization (NARO), Japan
Dr. Malik A. Hussain
Associate Director - Centre for Food Research and Innovation, Lincoln University, Christchurch, New Zealand
Dr. Harshavardhan Thippareddi
Professor and Extension Food Safety Specialist| Department of Food Science and Technology| University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA
Dr. S Gokul Shankar
Deputy Dean, Faculty of Medicine, Associate Professor in Microbiology, AIMST University, Malaysia
Prof Weihuan Fang
Director, Institute of Preventive Veterinary Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310058, P. R.China.
- Asian Food Safety and Security Association (AFSA)
- KIIT University, Bhubaneswar
- Asia Pacific Institute of Food Professionals (APIFP)
- Third World Academy of Sciences (TWAS)
- International Committee on Food Microbiology and Hygiene (ICFMH)
- Prof. Achyuta Samanta, Founder KIIT University
- Prof. P P Mathur, Vice Chancellor, KIIT University
- Prof. Mrutyunjay Suar, Chairman, Conference Organizing Committee & Director, School of Biotechnology, KIIT University, India
- Dr. Ramesh Chandra Ray, Co-chairman, Conference Organizing Committee, Principal Scientist, CTCRI, India
- Dr. Gargi Dey, Conference Organizing Secretary,Associate Professor, School of Biotechnology, KIIT University, India
- Takashi UEMURA, President, Asian Food Safety and Security Association, JAPAN
- Md. Latiful Bari, Ph.D. General Secretary, Asian Food Safety and Security Association, Bangladesh